When you want to get your business noticed through the crowd, eye-catching signage is one of the best ways to do that. When you use plastics in your graphics strategy you put yourself a cut above the competition!
If you’re investing in see-thru plastics for your signage, you want it to be durable. Several plastics are abrasion resistant, non-yellowing, and UV resistant. Here are some see-thru plastics we recommend for graphics:
- Plexiglas Acrylic: Often used as an alternative to glass it has high impact strength, glass-like clarity, and is lightweight.
- PETG: This plastic is stronger than acrylic and more cost effective than polycarbonate.
- Lexan Polycarbonate: Choose this plastic for great impact resistance and outstanding mechanical, electrical, and thermal properties.
Other plastics for graphics
Your artwork can also be printed directly on solid plastics or applied via vinyl lettering. We often recommend these plastics for signage with graphics:
- Hi-Impact Styrene: This one of the most widely used plastic materials and is ideal for screen-printing, offset lithography, and flexography.
- Foam Board:This lightweight foam can be printed, laminated, or die cut to your specifications and has superior moisture resistance.
- Expanded PVC: PVC is exclusively used for screen-printing, painting, laminating, vinyl lettering, or forming projects, and can be sawed, drilled, bent, or fabricated for indoor or outdoor use.
- Fluted Polypro: This lightweight, durable, and low cost plastic is also weather, impact, and chemical resistant, and ideal for both indoor and outdoor signage.
Contact an ACI Plastics rep today to talk about your graphic signage needs and we’ll help you make it happen in plastic!