Many plastics applications, especially sample or prototype parts, require thermoforming to form the plastic into unique shapes and sizes.
Thermoforming is accomplished in 3 steps:
- a plastic sheet is carefully heated to a pliable, stretchable temperature,
- the heated plastic is placed in a mold, then
- the individual pieces are trimmed to size.
At ACI Plastics, our clients’ applications for thermoforming plastics are diverse and include automotive parts, sporting goods, airflow and exhaust applications, skylights and domes, appliances, point of purchase materials, medical devices, and tanning beds.
Our team can help you determine the right plastic to meet your needs for flame retardancy, outdoor light exposure, durability, and color. Here are some common materials we work with:
- Hi Impact Styrene (HIPS)
- High Density Polyethylene
Our manufacturing facility can handle thermoforming and post finishing work within the following specs:
- Maximum mold size: 72″ x 96″
- Deepest draw: 48″
- Largest oven for preheat: 74″ x 108″
Contact our plastics experts to assist with your next thermoforming project and we’ll make it happen in plastic!